The Idrija Geopark Expert Group is a consultative body of the Idrija Tourism Board Council and the Board Director. It deals with technical issues and ensures the consistency of technical bases and the activities in the Idrija Geopark. The Expert Group is a connection to the scientific and research institutions and the state institutions in the area of geology, environment, and the protection of natural and cultural heritage.
Members of the Geopark Idrija Expert Group:
- Slovenian UNESCO Office,
- Department of Geology, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Engineering, University of Ljubljana,
- Institute of the Republic of Slovenia for Nature Conservation/Nova Gorica Unit,
- Institute of the Republic of Slovenia for the Protection of Cultural Heritage/Nova Gorica Unit,
- Slovenia Forest Service/Tolmin Unit,
- Idrija Mercury Heritage Management Centre (CUDHg Idrija),
- Karst Research Institute,
- Geological Survey of Slovenia.